Launceston College are looking for someone to join their Maths Faculty as a HLTA.
The role is for 20 hours per week.
Grade C1 – C5 £9.59 - £10.87 -£18,500 - £20,980 FTE, actual salary £8,271.58 - £9,380.42.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILILITIES:
• To assist the coordinators and teaching staff in the practical organisation of individual and small group work as directed.
• To work with small groups of pupils in Year 7 an intervention class who have not achieved the required standard at KS2. This will involve organising and planning the period 6 Year 7 lesson; with the long term aim of helping the students to achieve a ‘good pass’ at GCSE by supporting their prior learning in their main stream maths lessons.
• To meet with the KS3 Coordinator on a regular basis to discuss and analyse data and issues relevant to the intervention class to improve practice.
• To work with low attaining KS4 students to achieve a qualification suitable to their ability.
• To cover lessons for absent members of the maths faculty.
• To support the ongoing development of the learning environment of the maths faculty.
• To prepare and monitor regular targets for improvement, administrating targets, marking assessments, recording results and communication with parents.
• Noting progress made by pupils and evaluating the programme with respect to specific target objectives.
• Attending relevant meetings and giving feedback to the maths department when appropriate.
• Liaising with the SENCO needs as appropriate for some pupils.
• Undertaking training as required.
• The postholder must at all times carry out his or her responsibility with due regard to the Authority’s Equal Opportunities policy.
• Working at all times within the code of requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Act.
• The postholder must also undertake other duties appropriate to the grading of the post, as required.
If you would like to apply for this role please complete an application form on our website at https://www.launcestoncollegemat.org.uk/work-for-us
Closing date for applications is Tuesday 24th May 2022, 9am
Launceston College Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to DBS clearance and appropriate pre-employment checks.