Bideford College are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join their library team.
The main purpose of the job is to manage, develop and promote the College library and provide resources to support the curriculum and promote students leisure reading.
Hours: 37 hours per week, term time only plus 10 days
Grade: D1 £10.63 ph (£17870 per annum)
Permanent, to commence asap.
To apply and be considered for this vacancy, all applicants must complete an application form.
To apply online please take a look at our website https://.bidefordcollege.org/recruitment/
Alternatively please request an application form directly, or visit the main College reception to collect one in person.
Closing date for applications is Monday 19th April 2021 9am.
Launceston College Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to DBS clearance and appropriate pre-employment checks.
Job title: Library Manager
Responsible To Literacy Co-ordinator
Supervisory Responsibility for: Library Assistants
Main Purpose of Job:
To manage, develop and promote the college library and provide resources to support the curriculum and promote students’ reading and wider literacy.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Day to day management of the college library including performance management of library staff (currently 2 part time employees)
• To support the Literacy Coordinator in the promotion of literacy across the college. This will include: advice to departments, staff and students, supporting the use of Accelerated Reader, developing literacy focused projects, management of ‘Drop Everything and Read’ and paired reading schemes.
• Develop resource facilities, liaise with internal and external sources and initiate and manage projects to promote library use
• To develop and maintain links with relevant outside organisations, attending meetings as necessary and ensuring that College policies and procedures reflect the correct practices.
• Evaluate library service and run the library to ensure compliance with inspection requirements
• Prepare documentation and reports as required (e.g. Literacy Coordinator, Governors, Inspections, Tutors)
• Liaise with teaching staff to determine book stock requirements and supply of curriculum support materials in order to promote a balanced cross-curricular provision
• Maintain contacts with the School Library Service and sales representatives
• Liaise with Learning Support staff to ensure that stock meets the needs and diversity of all students, from the perspective of ability, ethnicity, gender and personal identity
• Maintain a continuous supervisory presence in the library, as required to promote positive behaviours and offer support. Maintain a safe environment.
• Assist students and train them in Learning Skills to develop their independence when studying
• Promote and supervise the involvement of students in the running of the library
• Control book stock e.g. cataloguing, issue, recall, selection, removal, classification and accessibility, and entering data on computer
• Undertaking general administrative duties using ICT and manual procedures including preparation of internal/external correspondence and reports, filing and photocopying.
• Ensuring all correspondence and communications representing the college, reflects agreed (corporate style) professional standards
• Running and maintaining the library printer, keeping reprographic stock records and providing staff and students with advice on the use of the machine.
• Ensure compliance with the Copyright Act
• Oversee the booking system for the Library timetable
• Oversee the processing of relevant orders and invoices through the College Finance Officer.
• Prepare reports for Leadership Group as required and attend meetings regarding developments of the overall Library and Student Resource service
• Assist staff, students and visitors to the library
For the full job description and person specification please email email@example.com