About your role:
The post holder will be fully competent in providing guided tours to all levels of Black Friars Distillery, the oldest working gin distillery in England, ensuring that we convert visitors into lifelong advocates for the brand. They will also need to be fully competent in all aspect of retail operations at Plymouth Gin, encompassing Customer Services, Mail Orders, General Sales and Retail Administration.
In addition the post holder will be responsible for promoting all aspects of the brand, the distillery, the shop, Refectory bar and on site restaurant, to those visiting the brand home.
- To conduct guided tours of the distillery according to a pre-determined timetable.
- To wear supplied uniform whilst on duty and to at all times be well presented, clean and tidy.
- To ensure that the tour is conducted so as to promote the brand and its values.
- To ensure that all company Health and Safety guidelines are adhered to and to report any concerns to line manager.
- To ensure that all areas which form part of the tour are kept clean and tidy and that the tasting room is prepared for the next tour.
- To ensure that all relevant records are correctly and accurately maintained.
- To keep updated on company news and information.
- To be punctual at all times and to adopt exemplary customer service standards.
- To be aware of all additional activities and promotions taking place in the Distillery.
- To take due care and security of shop stock and daily takings.
- To ensure all display areas are clean and tidy with no obstructions.
- To ensure that any removal of stock from the duty paid stores are recorded correctly.
- Despatch and ensure safe delivery of all mail orders.
- To remain current with and ensure the retail outlet conforms to Health & Safety legislation, and if it does not report any failing to the Health & Safety Advisor.
- Be aware of and adhere to current licensing laws.
- To ensure the security of the building is maintained.
- To answer and route all general enquiries to the relevant person..
- Liaise with all work colleagues to ensure the smooth running of day-to-day routines.
- To carry out any reasonable request by line managers to facilitate the success of Plymouth Gin.
- To bring to the attention of line managers any requirements for further training that may be required to carry out the position safely, competently and within legal requirements.
- Be aware of and fully conversant with Fire regulations and Health & Safety policies.