Job Title: Assistant Principal (Technology and Vocational Education)
Grade: L8 – L12
Responsible to: Principal
Line Management of: Post holders in the technology and vocational faculty, college careers
Important Functional Relationships:
Executive Principal; Principal, Director of Standards, College Leadership team members; Heads of Faculty and Heads of House; members of teaching and non-teaching staff; students; parents.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Leadership of the technology and vocational curriculum including intent, implementation and impact, careers education and IAG.
• Line manage technology and vocational faculty
• Developing links with the local, regional and national industrial partners
• Produce appropriate policies through discussion and consultation.
• To be a member of the Academy Leadership Team (ALT) and assist the Executive Principal, Principal and other members of the team with whole College leadership and management.
• To share responsibility with the ALT for promoting high standards of attitude and behaviour among the pupils.
• To attend weekly meetings of the ALT.
• Encourage and develop co-operative approaches among staff and students and among students themselves.
• To chair meetings of staff and to lead working parties of teachers as the need arises.
• Participate fully in staff development and staff performance management and to give a lead where necessary.
• Provide statistical information about the College to the Principal for internal purposes or when required by external agencies.
• Participate in and lead College assemblies as and when required.
• Help promote a good relationship with the local community.
• The postholder must at all times carry out his or her responsibilities with due regard to the College’s Single Equality Scheme.
• Work at all times within the code of requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Act.
• The postholder must also undertake other duties appropriate to the grading of the post, as required.
Applying for the job
Link to application pack found at www.bidefordcollege.org/recruitment/
Completed application form returned to firstname.lastname@example.org