Assistant Principal - Pastoral Lead
- Job Reference: 00000010-1
- Date Posted: 30 March 2021
- Recruiter: Launceston College Multi Academy Trust
- Location: Bideford, Devon
- Salary: £47,735 to £52,723
- Sector: Education
- Job Type: Permanent
The Assistant Principal will ensure that all pupils at Atlantic Academy have the capacity to succeed. The postholder will deputise for the Principal in their absence and will be accountable for leading, managing and developing pastoral support provision, with particular focus on safeguarding, behaviour, attendance and development of the whole student, in line with the Academy’s values. The role, in summary:
• To raise standards of student behaviour and attendance, in order to support attainment and achievement of learners in the Academy and to track, monitor and support student progress in these areas.
• To strategically lead safeguarding for Atlantic Academy.
• To manage a team of coaches and support staff in the delivery of pastoral support for all learners.
• To develop and enhance the pastoral support practice of staff in the Academy.
• To ensure the provision of an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students studying PHSE, in accordance with the aims of the Academy and the curricular policies determined by the Governing Body and Principal of the Academy.
• To contribute to the leadership and management of the Academy through relevant leadership meetings.
The Assistant Principal will support the Principal in:
• Communicating the school’s vision compellingly and supporting the Principal’s strategic leadership.
• The day-to-day management of the school.
• Formulating the aims and objectives of the school.
• Establishing policies for achieving these aims and objectives.
• Managing staff and resources to that end.
• Monitoring progress towards the achievement of the school’s aims and objectives.
The Assistant Principal will also have a timetabled teaching commitment of 50%, complying with the Teachers’ Standards and modelling best practice for others. They will undertake an appropriate programme of teaching and will be expected to lead other staff by example. They may also be required to undertake any of the duties delegated from the Principal.
The Assistant Principal will:
• Uphold public trust in school leadership and maintain high standards of ethics, behaviour and professional conduct.
• Build positive and respectful relationships across the wider school community.
• Serve in the best interests of the school’s students.
For a full job description and person specification please visit the Atlantic Academy website at https://atlantic.academy/vacancies/
Closing date for applications is Monday 19th April, 2021 9am
Interviews scheduled to take place on Tuesday 27th April 2021.
Launceston College Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to DBS clearance and appropriate pre-employment checks.